- Name: Farlane
- Nicknames: None known
- Race/Species: Cybernetic F-16 falcon
- Age: 20
- Facebook: Kristofer Ausmann, Panther R-MAC
- Occupation: Air patrols, head of base security
- Introduced: Strip #16
- Diet: p + 11B
- General Info: Farlane was a sentient jet fighter on an air base in a parallel dimension populated by humans. Kris, on the lookout for new technologies to assist in his own research, happened to be visiting that realm, and since Farlane and the others were due to be sent off to risk their lives in some pointless war, they were only too eager to leave when he offered them the chance of a new life in exchange for the secret of creating true artificial intelligences. Farlane, R-MAC and a number of other AIs were among those he brought back to his own world.
Farlane provided the schematics and know-how that enabled Kris to build a small army of panthers, and the aircrafts' combined pool of information on cybernetics enabled him to create Joshua's artifical body.
At the end of the day, old habits die hard and the aircraft pack - under Farlane - have taken to performing aerial patrols and monitoring the security of the base.
- Farlane has a particularly acerbic sense of humour, but means well at the end of the day.
- Like the other aircraft, Farlane's brain is about the size of a fridge-freezer.
- His original designer used the mental patterns from a golden retriever to create the first generation of sentient aircraft. As a result, they tend to arrange themselves into packs. Farlane considers Kris to be his Alpha.
- Updated: 20/08/2008